Monday, September 1, 2008

Summer NL Challenge - June Summary

Learn how to play poker with strategy without paying a penny and pick up your 50$+100$ bonus from PokerStrategy - this is where I began from!

Pokerstrategy Capital Receival Guide

June Summary

So it is the end of the first month of my summer poker adventure. I began the b-log on the 2nd of June playing on Pacific poker, June is over now and I am going to summarize the month.

Firstly, here is the monthly graph(like 3-4k hands from pacific poker are not counted, had no hand-grabber):



And a shot from the pokertracker(again pacific poker not included):



So a total of 19-20k hands this month counting these from pacific which are not tracked. The observations:

On the whole, I've played approx. 2 hours/day(of course some days I played way more and some days I didn't play at all) and actually this is the single thing I am not quite happy about. I could have played a bit more but I guess the reason was my old computer which really irritates with its slow-downs and besides I was unable to play more than 4 tables and no table selection was possible. Now with the new notebook playing is pure pleasure and in the future I guess I will be able to play more.

I am happy with my 12,5/8,4 game on NL50, I think I play very solid poker and get away from marginal situations and from way-behind situations(not always Zunge raus sometimes). One thing to add is that I lost 4 buy-ins in like 700 hands(one evening), an event that really put me to the test but I didn't tilt badly. So I'm not tilt prone Zunge raus I have learned to accept it as a part of the game(for instance, on 10,5k hands on NL50, KK is the hand I've lost the most with although I play it optimally.. but as a compensation my AA have been cracked just once out of like 50 times on NL50) and this itself is not a small achievement. From the "grounded" type of player I used to be(the term comes from an article here in PS) I am evolving step by step to poker attitude as it should be.

Enough with this game improvement and such stuff. Let's talk about money. As you can see I am 660$ in front just from pure playing(I played some MTT's which are not included here), what's more I released a 90$ bonus and on top of that I have completed 7/8 of a 200$ bonus, so I'm close to another bankroll-booster(but I will count it for July Zunge raus ). I won 100$ and something from a MTT, too Zunge raus

So my current bankroll is at 1100$. I have withdrawn 374$ and my bankroll in the beginning of June(as you can see in the first post) was 779$. 1474-779 = 695$ earnings for June.

I am happy with that result and I enjoy it to be at least partially financially independable. I asked for no money for the new notebook(except the regular monthly money they give me but this does not count) and I will pay for my holiday myself. And I live my life well Zunge raus

As for the next month..
July though I think I won't be able to play much because there are is an exam in English ahead and I have to study till the 11th-12th of july and I will play hardly any hands(probably will go to my village after the 3rd-4rth). What's more, in the end of the month I've planned a 1 week holiday with my friends on the seaside. So after the 26th - still no play probably. But for the rest of the days I hope I will be able to play at least 15k hands - I will try to make more hands in a shorter amount of time.

I guess it may not run as good as in June but I hope the bonuses make up for variance and my goal is to reach at least 500$ profit in July, bonus + play combined of course. Maybe if I don't need any money to withdraw I could hit NL100 some time in August, who knows smile


No comments: