Monday, September 1, 2008

Summer NL Challenge - July Summary

Learn how to play poker with strategy without paying a penny and pick up your 50$+100$ bonus from PokerStrategy - this is where I began from!

Pokerstrategy Capital Receival Guide

July Summary

Just 3 hours before I set off to the seaside, so I am going to write my summary for the month of July. No time to play today because I hanged around the whole day and I'm doing my luggage up.

Quick thoughts on the month, in terms of poker it was a unique experience. I managed to win a lot of money and to get a real insight of the game. I feel that I'm playing good but of course there's always room for improvement. The single thing I feel not very happy about is that I didn't play for a pokerstrategy site, but this is going to change as soon as pokerroom is added, since I have almost finished my bonus on the site I am currently playing at.

Once I upgrade my status to at least gold and hopefully platinum in August, I am going to study the material on the site I have never had access to. There are a lot of videos and articles to be taken into consideration and there's something to learn here and there for sure.

Now, let's talk about money
You may see in the June Summary post that I had a roll of 1100$+374$ withdrawn back then - a total of 1474$ and a sheer profit of 695$. Now I have 2355$ in the site and 586$ withdrawn - so that's a total of 2940$. The simple calculation shows that I am 1466$ in front for July.

Unfortunately I had "one of those days" yesterday on NL100 and lost 3 1/2 buy-ins, it could be better without it - but anyway, that's poker.

Graph of my play and a shot from pokertracker with stats(for July only):





My winrate is a bit below expectation unfortunately(I aim for 3 ptbb/100) but it's still OK given that I had some nasty downswings which I am happy that I overcame without tilting off much of my money. In fact, I may have cursed and shouted here at home, but that didn't affect my play by much.

As for the number of hands, almost 27k is fine given the fact that I was away from home for several days due to exams and that the rest of the month I will be away too.

I still make some mistakes, but giving them a consideration here in my b-log really helps me to improve and to minimize them.

So apart from the 825$ of cash-game winnings, I released 400$ bonus(and I am 7/8 done with the remaining 200$ but I will count them for August) and the rest is my balance from MTT's(like +240$) which I played from time to time.

On the whole, I estimate this month as really successful given the fact that I have more than doubled my winnings from June, went through NL50 and now grind NL100.


August Goals

This is what I will be happy to achieve by the end of August:

- play a minimum of 30k hands
- at least 1200$ on top of what I currently have(bonus + play combined of course)
- move to pokerroom.com once added, start their bonus and upgrade my Pokerstrategy status to gold/platinum.
- withdraw some money to reward myself Zunge raus

I am not planning to move up even if I catch a good run, I'm staying at NL100 for the following months.

My desired cash game win rate is 3 ptbb/100 but of course I will try to play my A-game - the rest is up to luck.

No comments: