Monday, September 1, 2008

Summer NL Challenge - Introduction

Learn how to play poker with strategy without paying a penny and pick up your 50$+100$ bonus from PokerStrategy - this is where I began from!

Pokerstrategy Capital Receival Guide

In the following posts I will briefly introduce you to the milestones in my summer poker adventures.
This is the introduction, and June Summary, July Summary and Total June+July+August Summary will follow.

I am Nikolay, from Bulgaria.

I've been playing poker for like 8 months(I guess it was October when I begun) but it all became serious after I joined Pokerstrategy in December.
I am happy to say that I have cashed out around 1000$ which is quite an amount for the bulgarian standarts. NL25 is the limit I have been playing in the last month or two.. I could have switched to NL50 easily, but decided to cash out 600-700$ two weeks ago, following the rule that you have to experience at least one downswing at a particular limit before moving up. The REAL downswing anyway didn't come, I guess it's because I'm playing full ring, and I don't really see a reason to switch to shorthanded, even if it is believed to be more profitable - it's just too swingy for my likes.

So.. I have just graduated.. school is over and happily for me, I managed to get a good mark at the pre-exam for the university I'd like to study at(in April). This is cool for the simple reason that instead of studying for university exams the whole June(as most of my acquaintances do, the regular exams are in the middle of July), I have more than enough free time, and I opted for playing poker as my main activity, instead of going to work 10 hours a day for basically the same money. Plus, I will have time for sport, as I have eaten and drunk too much around the graduation celebrations Zunge raus

Anyway, this is none of your concern, I'm here to write about poker, not about my life.

To cut the long story short, this summer is going to be a poker summer for me, and as many pokerstrategists claim that reading b-logs is quite interesting, I have decided to contribute to this part of the forums. Because I know that when poker gods aren't with you you're keen on reading about other people's ups and downs, and this makes you feel better for the game as a whole, this applies for me at least. I've had fun reading the other people's b-logs for now, but now I hope that you will enjoy reading my stuff as well.

So my summer mission to make money begins with a bankroll of 780$ at Pacific Poker, and I am clearing their instant 100$ bonus(with Pokerstrategy it would have been 175, and I very much regret that my account could not be re-tracked. I recommend you this bonus, it's real deal for deposits of 500-600$, and the competition at Pacific is softer than anywhere else! And pokerstrategy is really offering the best deal around).
I still play mostly NL25, but take some shots on NL50, too. I want to make it to the 1000$ mark as soon as possible and stick to NL50 FR, and I intent to do some serious bonus hunting - this is the key to boost your bankroll fast, really!

Bankroll, 02/06/08 - 5:07PM: 779$

No comments: