Monday, September 1, 2008

Summer NL Challenge - Total Summary

Learn how to play poker with strategy without paying a penny and pick up your 50$+100$ bonus from PokerStrategy - this is where I began from!

Pokerstrategy Capital Receival Guide

AUGUST SUMMARY

Well, it not what I expected to be - but at least I saw the cruel part of poker at its full might. Up to now, more than 100k hands, maybe close to 150k I didn't have that much of downswings(not more than 8-9 BI) but the downswing of 14-15 BI on NL100 showed me that it can always be worse smile
Anyway, I take this with my head up and didn't go disastrously far with my downswing, tilting off huge amounts of money.
Here are my graphs for August(they are two because I played on two sites:





Of course, tournaments and SNG I've played are not included here.. At least I released much money in bonuses(600$ I think) and this made me like breakeven for the month.
I currently have 1350$, a total cashout of 1520$ - that totals 2870$ - a quick look at the July summary shows that back then I had 2940$ in total - so I am -70$ for the month of August

Not what I expected but anyway I am sure that there are better days to come.
I took the downswing with dignity and I am set to make way better results in the future - you know, luck always evens out smile

I think I played relatively well and things are about to get better.

END OF SUMMER CHALLENGE:
I ended up being 2090$ in front for the whole summer. That is an awesome result and I enjoy it even more that the majority of these money are "in my pocket" so to say - I can feel them, I can spend them, I can do whatever I want - these are my money. I'd never gain so much money with a summertime job here in Bulgaria - maybe not even the half of it - and I managed to do that averaging 2 hours/day(given that I was away from home quite a lot of time). I'm a cool guy Augenzwinkern

besides, I finished with hell of a downswing - which to my mind means that I am going to experience hell of an upswing sooner or later
I've developed to be a solid and knowledgeable NL FR player. Referring to psychology, there has been a massive progress - I am a lot calmer and I am accepting the swings as a part of the game. I have learnt not only to win but to lose, too. Of course, some of my lasts post seem a bit emotional, but it's only because I've written them directly after the bad session. Generally, I really seem to take it "as a part of the job" so to say smile

I can't think of any significant negatives. I am +money and I am + as a personality(I really believe that poker educates some positive traits) - so I'm fine. Even my parents, relatives and most of my friends accept and respect my hobby - and if not tolerate it, they have nothing against.

Poker never influenced my social life.

THE FUTURE:
I'm not done with poker, it's all just beginning smile I am planning to play, so to say, semi-pro - to combine my university studies with poker, withouit setting aside parties, friends and women of course smile There should be enough time, as lectures will probably take place just 3 days in the week, and the rest are free. Anyway, studying is my primary activity, so university > poker in terms of priority.

I have a little plan that I am going to call Autumn NL Challenge (what a surprise).
I wonder whether to start a new topic, or post here - but I think here it'd be better, I don't want to flood the forum.

No comments: